Our Guaranteed Treament service includes a 45 day protection against Bed Bug infestations. Maintenance programs are available to continue to protect against Bed Bugs.
Bedbugs – How to Prepare for Treatment
Bedbugs are nocturnal. They hide during the day and come out at night. An adult bedbug is approximately one-quarter inch long.
Bedbugs particularly like wood and fabric. They hide in cracks, crevices, narrow spaces, in proximity to where humans sleep or rest, such as: beds and bed frames, night stands, dressers, desks, recliners, and sofas. Heavier infestations spread behind baseboards and windows and door casements. They hide behind items attached to walls and ceilings: pictures, electrical switch plates, smoke detectors, loose wallpaper, in the pleats of draperies, the upholstery of furniture, stored items and clothing. Bedbugs can be tough to eliminate. Depending on the infestation, follow up inspections or treatments may be necessary.
PREPARATION IS KEY TO MAXIMIZE TREATMENT EFFECTIVENESS.
Prepare in advance prior to your treatment appointment:
- Remove stored items off floors and away from walls.
- Eliminate clutter.
- All pillowcases, pillows, bed linen, blankets, and spreads should be sealed in plastic bags and taken from the infested area for laundering in hot, soapy water. Dry cleaning is appropriate for items that require it.
- Leave bed unmade.
- Move bed and bedroom furniture away from walls.
- Wash clothes in hot water, or have them cleaned.
- Remove all items from drawers, night stands, dressers, desks, etc. Inspect and discard or seal in plastic bags. All drawers will be treated.
- Vacuum thoroughly.
- Open as many windows as possible, weather permitting.
- Treated rooms must remain vacant until materials used for treatment are dry, approximately 6 hours. Keep pets and children off treated surfaces until the treatment has dried.
- Allow mattresses to dry completely before remaking them.
- Place mattresses and box springs in encasements specifically made for bedbug protection. Moat devices should be obtained and placed under the legs of all beds. Encasements and moats are available for purchase. Please contact our office.
- Clothing returned to closets should be placed in zippered hanging bags.
- Avoid washing bare floors for 2 weeks, dusting is okay. Carpeted areas can be vacuumed.
- Hotels should exchange furniture after service.
Note: It is not uncommon to be bitten following treatment. Please give the treatment at least 10-14 days to take effect